Friday, January 14, 2011

The Football Conundrum: Why Dating Sucks Now


My dating life is the opposite of thriving right now! There, I said it. I mean, I think I'm attractive and smart. I'm funny and quirky. I have a great personality. I'm making some decent choices in the selection of men (well, there was that one dude) and I even made a resolution to be more available this year (fellas, I'm returning phone calls...HOLLA)! So, what is the issue?

It's football. Men are simply not checking for us right now ladies. At least not until AFTER February 6, 2011. I experienced how the football conundrum is messing up my dating life firsthand yesterday. When the guy called to cancel our plans I couldn't even be mad at the situation. At least he was honest. He could've given me some lame ass excuse as to why he was cancelling, but he kept it real. I could've been totally difficult about it, but I played my role and, in turn, kept it cooler than a fan. Ultimately, I realize that I'm not going to win this battle. Even if you come across as the chick who loves football, it's not the same. A man might appreciate that you're a fan of the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's spending every Sunday and Monday night boo'ed up with you. I can assure you that he'd much rather be with his 'boys'. Doing that male bonding thing that they do. You know, giving dap and making statements like, 'Yo, Tom Brady has nice form.' followed by the obligatory 'No Homo' clause, of course.

I simply had to remind myself to chillax for a minute. Good things come to those who wait. After all, what comes after February 6, 2011? Valentine's Day (smile).

3 comments:

  1. Been there; done that football thing with my boys. There does come a time that no matter how dope the game might be, it doesn't compare to spending time with a woman you're kinda diggin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Isaiah watch the games together every Sunday and Monday. He told me he'd rather watch with his chick than with his boys.

    ReplyDelete