Thursday, January 20, 2011

Checking My Fresh

It dawned on me this week as I sat in my favorite little honeycomb hideout sippping on my favorite little vanilla chai latte that I need to seriously check myself.  My entire outlook on love needs a makeover.  Peep this article I read over at Clutch Magazine.  It played a huge part in this new train of thought I'm currently adopting.  The moral of the story is simple.  I've never had a problem finding men.  It's always been quite the opposite actually.  Men find me.  They find me on the train...they find me at the supermarket...they even find me first thing in the morning with no make-up on trying to take out the trash!  So, it's never been my style or my role to find love.  Yet, I constantly face my singledom wondering what's wrong with me and why I can't find 'the one'. [Insert new outlook on love HERE]

The Clutch magazine article was enlightening because it reminded me that I mustn't fret over trying to find him.  He's out there and when the time is right, he will come along.  The goal is to focus on the waiting process.  Waiting for something to happen before it happens is inevitable.  It's like standing at a bus stop waiting for the bus.  You know it's coming, but you also know that chances are it won't be on time.  We all want love.  True.  But, what are we doing with that time before true love comes along?  I've been guilty of doing alot of unhealthy ish during this waiting process.  Perhaps my biggest fault was filling this time with empty prospects.  For instance, last year I went on this whole cub binge.  I was a straight up puma (cougar-in-training), ONLY dating men young boys babies who were born between the years of the Reagan administration.  I know, I was bugging.  It was just a phase, but a complete waste of my time nonetheless.

Gone are the days where I feel that I have to go out and find a man.  2011 is about finding myself.  Better yet, 2011 is about defining myself.  The dating game will remain the same, and I'll still be here to blog about it (ha ha) but I'm changing.  I'm going into this next chapter with a new and fresh perspective.  I'm so excited, aren't you?

So, I end this post with a simple question.  How are you spending the waiting process?

  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment