Thursday, February 10, 2011

For Real Though, Pepsi???

I really can't with this Pepsi commercial.  As a Black girl who blogs, I feel it is my duty to chime in with a few statements on my opinions of this ad.

I'll keep it brief.

I am sick and tired of the portrayal of the 'angry Black woman' in mainstream media.  And, to add insult to injury, now we are crazy, emasculating, nagging, and abusive women who throw cans of soda at white chicks?  Wow.  I'm not even going to touch upon how they made the dude look.  Talk about bitchassness!  This commercial is a reminder of how racism can be so subtle that we are lead to believe that it is actually funny and entertaining.  This shit is neither funny nor entertaining.  It is damaging on so many levels.  Not cute.  Pepsi sucks for this one.  The end.

Now take a look for yourself.




1 comment:

  1. Your comment on the subtlety of racism is well-written, as is the balance of this short, precise post. Couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete